IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
The United States of America, acting through its attorneys, charges:
DESCRIPTION OF THE OFFENSE
1. John Kennedy is hereby made a defendant on the charge stated below.
2. Beginning at least as early as January 1988 and continuing until at least September 29, 1998, the exact dates being unknown to the United States, the defendant and co-conspirators entered into and participated in a combination and conspiracy to suppress and eliminate competition by fixing the price of, allocating customers for, and the volume of, choline chloride sold in the United States and elsewhere. The combination and conspiracy engaged in by the defendant and co-conspirators was in unreasonable restraint of interstate and foreign trade and commerce in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act (15 U.S.C. § 1).
3. The charged combination and conspiracy consisted of a continuing agreement, understanding, and concert of action among the defendant and co-conspirators, the substantial terms of which were:
4. For the purpose of forming and carrying out the charged combination and conspiracy, the defendant and co-conspirators did those things that they combined and conspired to do, including, among other things:
5. Choline chloride is a vitamin of the B-complex group. Choline chloride, or vitamin B4, is sold by manufacturers and resellers to customers in the animal nutrition industry. Choline chloride is an ingredient necessary for the proper growth and development of animals.
DEFENDANT AND CO-CONSPIRATORS
6. During the relevant period, John Kennedy was initially employed as the Product Manager for choline chloride for BioProducts, Incorporated, a United States corporation with its principal place of business in Fairlawn, Ohio. Subsequently, John Kennedy was employed as the Vice President for Marketing and Sales for Chinook Group, Inc., a wholly owned United States subsidiary of Chinook Group, Ltd. Chinook Group, Inc.'s principal place of business is in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. Chinook Group, Ltd., headquartered in Toronto, Canada, is a limited partnership that was formed in and is currently organized and existing under the laws of Ontario, Canada. Chinook Group, Ltd. manufactures choline chloride in Toronto, Canada and, in conjunction with Chinook Group, Inc., is engaged in the sale of choline chloride throughout the United States and elsewhere.
7. Various corporations and individuals not made defendants herein participated as co-conspirators in the offense charged herein and performed acts and made statements in furtherance thereof.
8. Wherever in this Information reference is made to any act, deed, or transaction of a corporation, the allegation means that the corporation engaged in the act, deed, or transaction by or through its officers, directors, agents, employees, or representatives while they were actively engaged in the management, direction, control, or transaction of its business or affairs.
TRADE AND COMMERCE
9. During the period covered by this Information, the defendant and co-conspirators sold and distributed a substantial quantity of choline chloride in a continuous and uninterrupted flow of interstate and foreign trade and commerce to customers located in states or countries other than the states or countries in which the choline chloride was produced.
10. During the period covered by this Information, the activities of the defendant and co-conspirators thatare the subject of this Information were within the flow of, and substantially affected, interstate and foreign trade and commerce.
JURISDICTION AND VENUE
11. The combination and conspiracy charged in this Information was carried out, in part, within the Northern District of Texas within the five years preceding the filing of this Information.
ALL IN VIOLATION OF TITLE 15, UNITED STATES CODE, SECTION 1.