FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE
ANTITRUST PROCEDURES AND PENALTIES ACT
Plaintiff, United States of America, hereby certifies that it has complied with the provisions of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16(b)-(h), and states:
1. The proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were filed with the Court on May 3, 2000, and June 6, 2000, respectively.
2. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(b), the Proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Federal Register on June 21, 2000, volume 65, beginning on page 38574.
3. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(b), the United States furnished to requesting parties copies of the Competitive Impact Statement, as well as copies of the Complaint and the proposed Final Judgment.
4. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(c), a summary of the terms of the proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Washington Post, a newspaper of general circulation in the District of Columbia, during the period June 15, 2000, through June 21, 2000.
5. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(g), on May 17, 2000, Defendants filed with the Court a declaration describing communications by or on behalf of Defendants relating to the proposed Final Judgment with officers or employees of the United States.
6. The sixty-day period provided by 15 U.S.C. § 16(d) for the submission of public comments expired on August 21, 2000.
7. The United States received and responded to two public comments on the proposed Final Judgment. The comments and Response were filed with the Court on January 16, 2001, and published in the Federal Register on February 23, 2001, volume 66, beginning on page 11328.
8. Pursuant to the Hold Separate Stipulation and Order filed on May 3, 2000, and 15 U.S.C. § 16(e), the Court may enter the Final Judgment after it determines that the Judgment serves the public interest.
9. Plaintiff's Competitive Impact Statement and Response to Public Comments demonstrate that the proposed Final Judgment satisfies the public interest standard of 15 U.S.C. § 16(e).
10. Plaintiff requests that this Court enter the Final Judgment without further hearings and is authorized by counsel for Defendants to state that Defendants join in this request.
Dated this April 10, 2001.
I hereby certify that I have caused a copy of the foregoing United States' Certificate of Compliance with the Provisions of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act to be served on counsel for Defendants in this matter in the manner set forth below: