NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS
Dear Valued Customer:
[Insert name of local operating company] is offering a new two year contract to all small
containerized solid waste hauling customers with service locations in [insert market here]. We
would like to take this opportunity to offer this contract to you. Of course, if you prefer, you can
continue with your existing contract.
In most cases, this new contract will have terms that are more advantageous to customers
than their current contracts. This new contract has the following features:
- an initial term of 2 years (unless you request a longer term);
- a renewal term of 1 year;
- at the end of your initial term, you may take no action and your contract will renew or you
can choose not to renew the contract by simply giving us notice at any time up to 30 days
prior to the end of your term;
- if you request a contract with a term longer than 2 years, you can cancel that contract after
2 years by giving us notice at any time up to 30 days prior to the end of the first 2 years;
- if you terminate the contract at any other time, you will be required to pay, as liquidated
damages, no more than 3 times the greater of your prior monthly or average monthly
charge. If you've been a customer continuously for more than 1 year, the liquidated
damages would be reduced to 2 times the greater of your prior monthly or average
- you will not be required to give us notice of any offer from another waste hauling firm or
to give us an opportunity to make a counteroffer although you may do so if you wish;
- you will be able to choose on the contract which specific types of waste hauling services
you would like us to perform.
You may obtain a new contract containing these terms by calling [insert CSR telephone
number or sales rep name and number].
If you prefer, you may continue with your existing contract. If you retain your existing
contract, we will not enforce any terms that are inconsistent with the new form contract terms.
We thank you for your business and look forward to a continued relationship with you. If
you have any questions, please call [WM contact person and phone number.]