Plaintiff, United States of America, hereby certifies that it has complied with the provisions of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16(b)-(h), and states:
2. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(b), the Proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Federal Register on March 26, 1999, volume 64, beginning on page 14758.
3. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(b), the United States furnished to requesting parties copies of the Competitive Impact Statement, as well as copies of the Complaint and the proposed Final Judgment.
4. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(c), a summary of the terms of the proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Washington Post, a newspaper of general circulation in the District of Columbia, during the period March 19, 1999 through March 25, 1999.
5. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(g), on March 11, 1999, and July 15, 1999, the defendants filed with the Court two declarations describing communications by or on behalf of the defendants relating to the proposed Final Judgment with officers or employees of the United States.
6. The 60-day period provided by 15 U.S.C. § 16(d) for the submission of public comments expired on May 25, 1999.
7. The United States received and responded to one public comment on the proposed Final Judgment. The comment and response were filed with the Court on June 21, 1999, and published in the Federal Register on July 6, 1999, volume 64, beginning on page 36400.
8. Pursuant to the Stipulation and Order filed on March 1, 1999, and 15 U.S.C. § 16(e), the Court may enter the Final Judgment after it determines that the Judgment serves the public interest.
9. Plaintiff's Competitive Impact Statement and Response to Public Comment demonstrate that the proposed Final Judgment satisfies the public interest standard of 15 U.S.C. § 16(e).
10. Plaintiff requests that this Court enter the Final Judgment
without further hearings and is authorized by counsel for Defendants to state that Defendants join
in this request.
Dated this _28_ day of July, 1999.
I, Mary Ethel Kabisch, hereby certify that, on July 28, 1999, I caused the foregoing document to be served on defendants Signature Flight Support Corporation, AMR Combs, Inc., and AMR Corporation by having a copy mailed, first-class, postage prepaid, to:
William Norfolk, Esq.