January 24, 2014
Public Service Career Fair
☐ Before you begin the application process, you should assemble the following: (if applicable)
- create a unique password for accessing your application (no more than 10 characters) and make a note of it; you will be prompted by the system for this password. You will use this password to access your application
- a permanent e-mail address that will not change during the course of the application and hiring process
- your Social Security number (US citizens) or other unique identification number (non-US citizens)
- your resume, your most recent law school transcript, and your law school's grading scale and/or evaluation process
- information about your undergraduate degree (e.g, type of degree, major, year received, name of school, city and state where school is located)
- information about your non-legal graduate degree(s) (e.g, type of degree, major, year received or will receive, name of school, city and state where school is located)
- if you are a third-year law student who will serve in a judicial clerkship in the fall following your graduation, information about your judicial law clerkship (e.g., full name of court, dates of clerkship, name of judge, telephone number in chambers)
- information about previous DOJ experience (e.g., employing component, name of supervisor, supervisor's phone number)
- information about other legal and/or non-legal experience including names of supervisor(s), organization name(s), telephone number(s) of supervisor(s), dates of employment, brief description of responsibilities
- a minimum of three references who may be contacted, including names, relationships, telephone, mailing and e-mail addresses
- names of all law school courses you are taking this fall and the number of credit hours
- information about any unique qualifications, training, special skills or competencies relevant to your application for employment
☐ Review eligibility criteria For additional information, please see the General Information and Conditions of Employment.
☐ Provide data as prompted and click the "continue and save this information" button at the bottom of each screen. Please note that some data is required (e.g., citizenship). If you do not answer required questions, the program will prompt you to answer them before allowing you to save your information and continue to the next section
☐ After you have completed your application, we strongly suggest that you print and review it before you certify and submit it to the Department. To protect the integrity of the information you submit on your application, the system does not allow changes to be made to data once it has been certified and submitted. Prior to actually certifying and submitting your application, you may update or change it provided you save your changes on the application program. You may print a blank application, a partially completed application, or your completed application. However, once you certify your application and submit it, the program will not permit you to make further changes. We strongly recommend that you print a copy of your application and review it carefully prior to certifying and submitting it.
☐ When you have reviewed you application for completeness and accuracy, certify and submit it to the Department for consideration for employment. You will receive an e-mail confirmation that we have received your application.
☐ CAUTION: Due to the volume of applications submitted in the last few days prior to the deadline, we advise you to apply early; however, if you expect your school to announce Law Review membership or moot court teams prior to our application deadline, you may wish to delay submitting your application in order to include that information on your application. The Department does not accept applications received after the September 4, 2012 deadline [12 midnight, Eastern Time; 11:00 p.m. Central Time; 10:00 p.m. Mountain Time; 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time]. This is an absolute receipt deadline. Loss of electricity or Internet access is not an excuse for missing the deadline.
The application closes at 11:59 p.m. EST. The deadline for other main U.S. time zones is: 10:59 p.m. Central Time | 9:59 p.m.Mountain Time | 8:59 p.m. Pacific Time