The United States Department of Justice Department of Justice Seal The United States Department of Justice
Search The Site
Office Of International Judicial Assistance Banner


The OIJA does not handle requests for judicial assistance in criminal matters, including requests made pursuant to mutual legal assistance treaties. Requests relating to criminal matters should be forwarded to the Criminal Division’s Office of International Affairs (OIA). The OIJA will forward any Letters of Request deemed to pertain to criminal matters to the OIA, and likewise the OIA will forward to OIJA Letters of Request that it concludes pertain to civil or commercial matters.






Civil Division Organization Chart

Defending the Affordable Care Act

Best Places to Work in the Federal Government

Stay Connected YouTube Twitter Facebook Sign Up for E-Mail Updates Subscribe to News Feeds