FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 24, 2008
Contact: Casey McEnry
Red Ribbon Rally @ Historical Palace of Fine Arts
“Step It Up – A Call To Action”
· Approximately 900 fifth grade students from Public & Private Schools in San Francisco
· Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
· San Francisco Police Department/Youth Services Unit
· San Francisco Safety Awareness For Everyone (SAFE)
· American Cancer Society
· San Francisco Unified School District School Health Programs Department
· United Playaz
· Rally to celebrate Red Ribbon Week. Red Ribbon Week serves as a tribute to DEA Special Agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena who was kidnapped, tortured and murdered by drug traffickers in Mexico 23 years ago. Youth wear red ribbons to honor his life and show their commitment to a healthy lifestyle without drugs, alcohol or tobacco. This celebration will bring together hundreds of youth along with local, state and federal agencies, organizations and a variety of guest speakers.
· Monday, October 27, 2008 @ 10:30 am (performances to last approximately 1 ½ hours).
· Palace of Fine Arts, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA
NOTE: ALL media MUST PRESENT GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID (such as driver’s license) as well as VALID MEDIA CREDENTIALS. All press inquires regarding logistics should be directed to Casey McEnry at 415-436-7994 or Jeanne Allen at 415-436-7814.