OPERATION "LOS GREENES"
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Guillermo Gil, U.S. Attorney for the District of Puerto Rico and Rogelio Guevara, Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Caribbean Field Division, announced today the arrest of 28 members of a crack-cocaine, and cocaine distribution organization based in Aibonito, Puerto Rico. The investigation, initiated by the DEA's High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Ponce Resident Office on May of 2000, revealed that this family run drug enterprise was involved in the distribution of multiple kilo quantities of cocaine and crack-cocaine, with a street value of millions of dollars, throughout several cities in Puerto Rico. This drug trafficking organization, whose leading members belong to the same family known in their neighborhood as "Los Greenes", extended their drug trafficking activities to several cities in the Continental United States.
This morning, a contingent of over 150 federal and local law enforcement agents simultaneously executed 28 arrest warrants in the Puerto Rican cities of Aibonito, Bayamon, Rio Piedras. Arrests also took place in Chicago, Illinois and Trenton, New Jersey. Twenty-six (26) of the arrest warrants were issued on February 20, 2002, pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment charging 26 members of the organization with distribution and conspiracy to distribute cocaine and crack-cocaine in violation to Title 21 United States Code, Section: 841(a)(1) and 846 (Federal Controlled Substances Act) between October of 1990 and December of 2001. The indictment alleges that "Los Greenes" organization distributed cocaine and crack-cocaine from several locations in Aibonito, PR, to include the "Rey del Sandwich" restaurant and "Restauran 2000" restaurant. "Los Greenes" organization drug trafficking activities also extended to several locations in Cayey, PR and Bayamon, PR. Also, two (2) additional arrest warrant were issued against two (2) associates of "Los Greenes" organization pursuant to a separate Federal Grand Jury indictment charging these individuals with violations to Title 21 U.S. Code: Section 841(a)(1) and 846 (Federal Controlled Substances Act). In addition, the U.S. Marshal Service seized several real estate properties with an estimated value of over half a million dollars. These seizures are part of forfeiture allegations pursuant Title 21 U.S. Code, Section 853 and Title 18 U.S. Code, Section 982 targeting approximately $1.5 million dollars in assets which represent drug proceeds from "Los Greenes" organization's drug trafficking activities.
The DEA's HIDTA Ponce Resident Office includes Agents from the DEA, the Puerto Rico Police Department, the Puerto Rico Special Investigations Bureau (NIE), the Puerto Rico Treasury Department (Hacienda), the Coast Guard Investigative Service, and the U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service. The U.S. Marshal Service provided tactical and asset seizure support and the Puerto Rico National Guard Counterdrug Support Task Force provided logistical and air support to the operation. The U.S. Department of Defense provided analytical support throughout the investigation.
The individuals arrested today are:
1. Orlando Ortiz-Cintron, a.k.a. "Lando" - URB. Bella Vista, B-1 Calle Rosa, Aibontio, P.R.
2. Ivelisse Figueroa-Chicon - URB. Bella Vista, B-1 Calle Rosa, Aibonito, P.R.
3. Luis A. Ortiz-Cintron, a.k.a. "Tony Green"- URB. Bella Vista, A-8 Calle Rosa, Aibonito, P.R.
4. Mariely Gonzalez-Rivera - URB. Bella Vista, A-8 Calle Rosa, Aibontio, P.R.
5. Francisco Ortiz-Cintron, a.k.a "Papo Green"- BDA San Luis, 5 Calle Cafernaum, Aibonito, P.R.
6. Carmen Cruz-Aviles, a.k.a. "Nicky"- BDA San Luis, 15 Calle Cafernaum, Aibonito, P.R.
7. Hilda N. Cintron-Ramos, a.k.a. "Maititi"- BDA San Luis, 5 Calle Cafernaum, Aibonito, P.R.
8. Francisco Ortiz-Zayas, a.k.a. "Green"- BDA San Luis, 15 Calle Cafernaum, Aibonito, P.R.
9. Hilda M. Martinez-Ortiz, a.k.a. "Millie"- Bo. Caonillas HC-01, P.O. Box 3676, Aibonito, P.R.
10. Jose A. Feliciano-Rodriguez, a.k.a. "Anibal"- BDA San Luis, Calle Domingo Colon #227, Aibonito, P.R.
11. Felipe Gutierrez-López - BDA San Luis, Calle Domingo Colon #189, Aibonito, P.R.
12. Jose G. Ortiz-Padilla, a.k.a. "Gato"- BDA San Luis, Parcela #553, Aibonito, P.R.
13. Jesus M. Noguera-Bonilla, a.k.a. "Nogue"- BDA San Luis, Calle Cana No. 17, Aibonito, P.R.
14. Melvin Rivera-Ortiz - Calle Julio Ayber, Cond. Meliyan Apt. 905, Santiago Iglesias, Rio Piederas, P.R.
15. William Santiago-Luna, a.k.a. "Negro"- Ext. San Luis, Calle Listra, Parcelas #586, Aibonito, P.R.
16. Maria Rivera-Morales, a.k.a. "Doris"- Ext. San Luis, Calle Listra, Parcelas #586, Aibonito, P.R.
17. Eddie Rosario-Colon, a.k.a. "Chato"- Ext. San Luis, Calle Chipres, Aibonito, P.R.
18. Raul Rivera-Peñalbert, a.k.a. "Machaco"- Bo. Llanos, Sector Machuca, Aibonito, P.R.
19. Adalberto Ortiz-Rodriguez, a.k.a. "Adal"- Road 725 Bo. Llanos, Aibonito, P.R.
20. Javier Aviles-Colon, a.k.a. "Javi"- URB. Brisas del Caribe C-13, Aibonito, P.R.
21. Janisse Gonzalez-Vazquez - Road 725 km. 2, Bo. Llanos Sector Lomas del Viento, Aibonito, P.R.
22. Hector L. Rivera-Rivera, a.k.a. "Chavo"- 35 Philip, Ave. Trenton, New Jersey
23. Juan A. Alicea-Esparra, a.k.a. "Geño"- Bo. Robles, Road 14 Sector la Base, Aibonito, P.R.
24. Jose L. Rodriguez-Arzola, a.k.a. "Gallero"- Bo. Maton Abajo, Carr. 14 R/730 km. 1.8 Cayey, P.R.
25. Jose A. Diaz-Guzman, a.k.a. "Anibal"- Santa Elena Apt. #511, Bayamon, PR.
26. Alfredo Cintron-Ramos, a.k.a. "Tio Jim"- 1534 North Milwaukee Ave, Apt. #2, Chicago, IL
27. Francisco J. Ortiz-Cruz, a.k.a. "Joel"- Road 14 BDA San Luis, Aibonito, P.R.
28. Carlos G. Ortiz-Cintron, a.k.a. "Carlitos Green"- 15 Calle Cafernaum BDA. San Luis, Aibonito, P.R.
The indictment is an accusation and all defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty at trial.