Welcome to the Cleveland Immigration Court!
The Cleveland Immigration Court falls under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Chief Immigration Judge which is a component of the Executive Office for Immigration Review under the Department of Justice.
Our court has made a commitment to provide access to information through the Internet in order to service the needs of the public.
Our goal is to provide the most current and accurate information available to those needing to appear before an Immigration Judge and to provide this information in a user-friendly fashion.
Please note: The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) are separate organizations.
About the Court
The Cleveland Immigration Court opened its doors in September of 2006. The Court staff is structured for three Immigration Judges, one Court Administrator, five Legal Assistants, one Student Clerk, and one Attorney Advisor. When the Cleveland Immigration Court is fully staffed, there will be 12 employees assigned to manage the everyday business of the Court.
Immigration Judge – A. Brown
Immigration Judge – D. W. Evans Jr.
Immigration Judge – T. W. Janas
Court Administrator – J. W. Roder
Legal Assistant – P. McClain
Legal Assistant – A. Saliba
Legal Assistant – M. Wiedt
Legal Assistant – L. Wagner
Attorney Advisor – Christina Greer
Student Clerk –
Executive Office for Immigration Review
Cleveland Immigration Court
801 W. Superior Ave., Ste. 13-100
Cleveland, OH 44113
The Cleveland Immigration Court is located on the 13th floor of the Carl B. Stokes United States Court House. Visitors to this building will be directed through a Security Check Point supervised by the U. S. Marshal Service. No person will be allowed entrance to the building until they have proceeded through the checkpoint.
Court Hours: Monday - Friday from 800 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed on weekends and Federal Holidays.
Window Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to inquire about pending and closed cases, and to file documents with the Court. Please note that case information will only be provided to respondents scheduled to appear before the Court, their attorneys, or representatives with a Notarized Power of Attorney. Authorized persons can make their inquiry in-person and recognized attorneys can also do inquiries by telephone. You may be asked to provide a legal form of identification before receiving any information.
No requests or filings will be accepted by facsimile unless specifically authorized by the Immigration Judge or Court Staff. Approval has to be granted in advance.
The Department of Homeland Security, Assistant Chief Counsel's office is not co-located with the Cleveland Immigration Court. Any filings or correspondence intended for DHS, including Certificate of Service, should reflect the following address: DHS Chief Counsel, 1240 E. Ninth Street, Rm. 519, Cleveland, OH 44199. Any correspondence or, Certificate of Service using the Cleveland Immigration Court's address will not be accepted and returned.
All filings and daily Court business with the Cleveland Immigration Court will be done in accordance with the new Immigration Court Practice Manual effective July 01, 2008.
Please note which Immigration Court sent you the hearing notice. If you received a hearing notice from the Arlington Immigration Court in Arlington, VA, ordering you to appear at the Cleveland Immigration Court, your hearing will be heard by an Immigration Judge in Arlington, VA, via televideo. All communications regarding hearings being heard at the Cleveland Immigration Court under control of the Arlington Immigration Court must be directed to the Arlington Immigration Court. Do not file documents at this Court for cases assigned to an Arlington Immigration Judge.
The Cleveland Immigration Court has administrative control over the entire state of Ohio.
|North Area Car Park||549 West Superior Avenue|
|South Area Car Park||15 Huron Road|
|Riverview Parking||300 Canal Road|
|Valet at the Avenue||1527 West 6th Street|
|West 6th Street Entrance||West 6th Street|
|15 West Huron West Entrance||15 West Huron West|
|Other Parking Options:|
|May Company||22 Prospect Avenue|
|Sheraton||777 St. Clair Avenue|
|West 6th and St. Clair||West 6th and St. Clair|
|Memorial||300 St. Clair|
|West 6th and Superior|
|West 3rd and Stadium|
|701 West Lakeside|
|55 Public Square|
|West 9th and Frankfort|
|West 3rd Lot||West 3rd and Superior Avenue|
|West 3rd and St. Clair|
Frequently Asked Questions
The Cleveland Immigration Court does not have any frequently asked questions at this time.
- Please note that only bottled water is allowed in the waiting room and the Courtrooms. All other food and drink items may be consumed in the cafeteria located on the 7th floor. Small snacks and covered beverage containers can be consumed in the open hallway before entering the waiting room. Please place any resulting empty container packages in the waste cans provided for that purpose.
- Use of cellular telephones, recording devices, cameras, and other electronic media is prohibited in the waiting room and Courtrooms. Please conduct phone calls in the hallway outside of the waiting room or, go to the 7th floor and use the outside break area.
- You are expected to be on time for your scheduled hearing. If you think you may be late for unexpected reasons, please call the Court at 216-802-1100 and advise the Court staff when you think you will be arriving.
- All persons are expected to be courteous and respectful to the Court staff. Disruptive and disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. If you are at the Court with children, for safety reasons, please supervise them closely.
- If at any time you have questions concerning your business with the Court, please feel free to speak with the Court staff or Court Administrator.
Please read our Privacy and Security Notice