The OIG's nationwide workforce of 420 employees includes auditors, program analysts, criminal investigators, attorneys, and administrative and support personnel. In addition to headquarters' units in Washington, D.C., and Audit and Investigations Division field offices in Rosslyn, Virginia, the OIG has offices in the following cities: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, El Paso, New York, Trenton, Boston, Philadelphia, Detroit, Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Tucson, and Denver.
The OIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
View Available Career Opportunities
Benefits of Working for the OIG
In addition to a competitive starting salary, OIG employees may qualify for the following benefits:
- Life and health insurance
- Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS) or Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS). CSRS coverage applies to employees who currently have or previously had coverage by this retirement system.
- Thrift Savings Plan (maximum employee contribution for tax year 2013 is $17,500 with up to a 5% government matching contribution for FERS employees)
- Incentive and performance awards
- Transit subsidy up to $245 per month for commuting to work using public transportation
- Training and professional development
- Worklife Program, including alternate work schedules, personal counseling, referral services,
health and wellness programs
- Annual (vacation) and sick leave accruals
OIG Recruitment Brochures
Updated: May 2013