You are here
Criminal Resource Manual 857 Sample Indictment -- Atty's Fee, Bankruptcy Fraud, 18 U.S.C. 152(6)
Sample IndictmentAttorney's Fee, Bankruptcy Fraud, 18 U.S.C. § 152(6)
All in violation of 18 U.S. C. § 152(6).
- At all times pertinent to this indictment defendant, JOHN DOE, was an attorney specializing in bankruptcy law.
- At all times pertinent to this indictment Richard Roe, debtor in bankruptcy case -------, was a client of JOHN DOE.
- Prior to ----- date when Richard Roe filed bankruptcy, he owed JOHN DOE $75,000 in legal fees.
- Neither JOHN DOE nor his law firm was listed as a creditor in the bankruptcy case.
- On or about _____________, in the _________ District of _________, JOHN DOE, defendant herein, knowingly and fraudulently received a promise from Richard Roe in the form of a "Reviver Agreement" that his law firm would be paid $75,000 by the debtor in return for forbearing to file a claim as a creditor against the debtor.
[cited in USAM 9-41.001]
Updated February 19, 2015