CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED FORMS:
Note: The following questions must be answered covering the previous 10 years: Residence and employment, Sections 9 and 11. Remember to print and sign the signature pages at the end of the process, prior to releasing form to agency.
Security investigation data for sensitive positions (original and three copies, all with original signatures and dates). Forms have to be typed. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. The following questions must be answered covering the previous 10 years: 9, 10, 11, 12, 21, 22, 23, 29.
- Electronic Security Questionnaire (e-Qip)
e-Qip applicant brochure (pdf) Please be sure to read the applicant brochure before proceeding to completing e-Qip.
- OF-306 - Declaration of Federal Employment
- OF-612 - Optional Application for Federal Employment and/or Resume/Employment Application
- DOJ-555- Disclosure and Authorization Pertaining to Consumer Reports Pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Applicant Status Certification
- Dual Citizenship - Applicant certifies s/he is a dual citizen with the U.S. and another country Submit the above and submit one copy of the following, if applicable:
- OFI - 36 - Single Scope, Additional Data for Single Scope Background Investigations and Other Background Investigations. This form is only applicable under the following conditions:
- Immediate family members are resident aliens or U.S. citizens other than by birth;
- Current spouse is foreign born
- Co-inhabitant(s) and any other persons to whom applicant is bound by affection or obligation who may be subject to duress by a foreign power
If the OFI-36 is applicable, also complete the Foreign National Relatives or Associates form describing the nature, frequency, and degree of your contact. The form can be found in the above listed Dual Citzenship information bullet.
- SF-87A – Fingerprint Cards
Fingerprint cards will be mailed to you upon request and you can be fingerprinted at any local police station. Or, you can make an appointment to return your completed forms and be fingerprinted in the Human Resources Security Office.
- Derogatory Information - i.e., bankruptcy, indebtedness, arrests, income tax issues, drug use, etc.
- Provide a letter of explanation addressing each derogatory issue
- Provide supporting documents, e.g., canceled payment checks.
- Questions and Answers - about the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Background Investigations
- Information Regarding the OPM Background Investigation Process
Please either Federal Express forms directly to the following address or make an appointment to have hand delivered to:
United States Attorney's Office
District of Columbia
555 Fourth St., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20530
Attn: Human Resources Section
For additional information, please contact:
The Personnel Security Office at (202) 252-6682 or