- Application Document Checklist
- Assignment Possibilities
- Assignment Preference Sheet
- CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED FORMS:
- OF-306 - Declaration of Federal Employment
- OF-612 - Optional Application for Federal Employment and/or Resume/Employment Application
- DOJ-555- Disclosure and Authorization Pertaining to Consumer Reports Pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- I-9- Employment Eligibility Verification
- SF-181 - Race and National Origin Identification
- SF-256 - Self-Identification of Handicap
- Dual Citizenship - Applicant certifies s/he is a dual citizen with the U.S. and another country Submit the above and submit one copy of the following, if applicable:
- OFI - 36 - Single Scope, Additional Data for Single Scope Background Investigations and Other Background Investigations. This form is only applicable under the following conditions:
- Immediate family members are resident aliens or U.S. citizens other than by birth;
- Current spouse is foreign born
- Co-inhabitant(s) and any other persons to whom applicant is bound by affection or obligation who may be subject to duress by a foreign power
If the OFI-36 is applicable, also complete the Foreign National Relatives or Associates form describing the nature, frequency, and degree of your contact. The form can be found in the above listed Dual Citzenship information bullet.
- SF-87A – Fingerprint Cards
Fingerprint cards will be mailed to you upon request and you can be fingerprinted at any local police station. Or, you can make an appointment to return your completed forms and be fingerprinted in the Human Resources Security Office.
- Information Regarding the OPM Background Investigation Process
- Derogatory Information - i.e., bankruptcy, indebtedness, arrests, income tax issues, drug use, etc.
- Provide a letter of explanation addressing each derogatory issue
- Provide supporting documents, e.g., canceled payment checks.
- Certification for Non-Sensitive Positions
- Verification of Student Enrollment
- Student Volunteer Agreement
Submit original with signatures and dates
- Ethical Obligations Agreement
- Please either Federal Express forms directly to the following address or make an appointment to have hand delivered to:
United States Attorney's Office
District of Columbia
555 Fourth St., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20530
Attn: Human Resources Section
For additional information, please contact:
The Personnel Security Office at (202) 252-6682 or
Updated February 24, 2015