The Victim Witness Program offers a variety of services to eligible victims, which may include:
- Crisis intervention and support services.
- Information about the status of a criminal case through the use of the Victim Notification System (VNS).
- Accompanying victims to court for trials and sentencings, upon request.
- Referrals to appropriate community agencies and programs.
- Information about victims rights and the victims role in the criminal case.
- Assisting in preparing victims for testifying in court proceedings.
- Information about the victim impact process, the restitution process, and the right to allocution at sentencing where permitted.
- Assist victims in obtaining release of their property after a case has been completed.
- Explaining court and case related information to employers of victims or witnesses.
Updated February 20, 2015