|Checklist of required forms::
- OF-306 - Declaration of Federal Employment
- OFI-36 - Single Scope, Additional Data for Single Scope Background Investigations and Other Background Investigations.
This form is only applicable under the following conditions:
- Immediate family members are resident aliens or U.S. citizens other than by birth;
- Current spouse is foreign born
- Co-inhabitant(s) and any other persons to whom applicant is bound by affection or obligation who may be subject to duress by a foreign power
If the OFI-36 is applicable, also complete the Foreign National Relatives or Associates form listed below.
- Foreign National Relatives or Associates Statement
- Resume or other form of employment application (information for education/employment must match that shown on the electronic security questionnaire identified above)
- DOJ-555 - Disclosure and Authorization Pertaining to Consumer Reports Pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification
- Dual Citizenship/Loyalty Statment - Applicant certifies s/he is a dual citizen with the U.S. and another country. Submit the above along with one copy of the following, if applicable:
- Letter of explanation stating why the applicant feels s/he is a dual citizen with the U.S. and another country
- DOJ-488 Tax Check Waiver - Use the same ink for the candidate’s signature and date with no white out or erasures. Otherwise, IRS will not accept the form. Revised form was issued 4/00. If you answered on this form that you had or have had late tax filing(s), did not file tax return(s), have numerous tax filing extensions, was or currently on a payment plan, the following will be required:
- A detailed explanation(s), copies of all documents pertaining to the years involved, and all correspondence with IRS.
- DOJ-54 - Bar Affidavit (Must be accompanied by proof that you are an active member of a bar in good standing (either by printing verification from the web site of the applicable bar or a letter of good standing from a bar).
- SF-87A – Fingerprint Cards
Fingerprint cards will be mailed to you upon request and you can be fingerprinted at any local police station. Applicants in the Houston metro area may make an appointment to return your completed forms and be fingerprinted by the Security Section of the Administration Division.
- Derogatory Information - i.e., bankruptcy, indebtedness, arrests, income tax issues, drug use, etc.
- Provide a letter of explanation addressing each derogatory issue
- Provide supporting documents, e.g., canceled payment checks.
- OARM-1B - Memorandum of Agreement
for Experienced Attorney
- OARM-9 - Reminder of Government
Attorney Ethical Obligations to Client
- Contact Sheet
- Information Regarding the OPM Background Investigation Process
- a letter of explanation addressing each derogatory issue
- supporting documents, e.g., canceled payment checks.
Please Federal Express the forms to the following address, or schedule an appointment to hand-deliver forms:
United States Attorney's Office
Administrative Services Section
Southern District of Texas
ATTN: Dell Mara Lovell
Houston, Texas 77002
For additional information, please contact:
Dell Mara Lovell, Human Resources Officer – 713.567.9333
Elizabeth Williams, Human Resources Assistant – 713.567.9151 Elizabeth.Williams2@usdoj.gov
Documents on this page are presented in Portable Document Format (PDF) and a PDF reader is required for viewing. Download a PDF reader or learn more about PDFs.