24. Complaint in Condemnation
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR
THE DISTRICT OF ___________
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
v. CIVIL ACTION NO.,
COMPLAINT IN CONDEMNATION
- This is an action of a civil nature brought by the
Attorney General of the United States at the request of and in the
name of __ for the taking of the property under the power of
eminent domain and for the ascertainment and award of just
compensation to the owners and parties in interest.
- The authority for the taking is set forth in __ attached hereto
and made a part hereof.
- The public use for which the property is to be taken is the __,
all as provided in the Act of __.
- The interest in the property to be acquired is set forth in __
attached hereto and made a part hereof.
- The property to be taken is described in __ attached hereto and
made a part hereof.
- The persons, firms and corporations known to the plaintiff to
have or claim an interest in the property are set forth in attached
hereto and made a part hereof.
- All persons, firms and corporations named as defendants herein
are joined as defendants generally to the end that all right,
title, interest and estate of all said defendants in and to any and
all of the lands herein involved shall be divested out of them and
vested in plaintiff.
- In addition to the persons named, there are or may be others
who have or may claim some interest in the property to be taken,
whose names are unknown to the plaintiff, and such persons are made
parties to the action under the designation "Unknown
WHEREFORE, the plaintiff demands judgment that the property be
condemned and that just compensation for the taking be ascertained
and awarded and for such other relief as may be lawful and
Trial by jury of the issue of just compensation is demanded by
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
United States Attorney
1 Jury trial is not requested in tracts worth less than $4,000;
an additional paragraph is necessary if option contracts are to be
ENRD Resource Manual 1;
ENRD Resource Manual 5;
ENRD Resource Manual 6]