12 U.S.C. § 3404Customer authorizations
- Statement furnished by customer to financial institution and
Government authority; contents
- A customer may authorize disclosure under section 3402(1) of this title
he furnishes to the financial institution and to the Government authority
to obtain such disclosure a signed and dated statement which--
- authorizes such disclosure for a period not in excess of three
- states that the customer may revoke such authorization at any time
the financial records are disclosed;
- identifies the financial records which are authorized to be disclosed;
- specifies the purposes for which, and the Government authority to
such records may be disclosed; and
- states the customer's rights under this chapter.
- Authorization as condition of doing business prohibited
- No such authorization shall be required as a condition of doing
with any financial institution.
- Right of customer to access to financial institution's record of
The customer has the right, unless the Government authority obtains a
order as provided in section 3409 of this title, to obtain a copy of the
which the financial institution shall keep of all instances in which the
customer's record is disclosed to a Government authority pursuant to this
section, including the identity of the Government authority to which such
disclosure is made.