Chapter 87 of Title 18, United States Code, defines and punishes
offenses. Specifically, those statutes are as follows:|
- 18 U.S.C. § 1791(a)(1)-prohibits providing or attempting to
contraband item to an inmate of a prison.
- 18 U.S.C. § 1791(a)(2)-prohibits any inmate of a federal prison
making, possessing, or obtaining any contraband item or attempting to do so.
- 18 U.S.C. § 1791(b)-sets forth penalties commensurate with the
dangerousness of the contraband item.
- 18 U.S.C. § 1792-sets forth a penalty of up to ten years
and/or a fine under Title 18 for inciting, causing or attempting to cause a
or mutiny at any federal penal, detention, or correctional facility.
- 18 U.S.C. § 1793-sets forth a penalty of up to six months
and/or a fine under Title 18 for trespassing on a reservation, land, or
of the Bureau of Prisons.
[cited in USAM 9-69.300]