Support Staff / Non-Attorney Pre-Employment Security Checklist
Checklist Of Required Forms:
- SF-86 - Security Questionnaire
- Security investigation data for sensitive positions. The following questions must be answered covering the previous 10 years: 9, 10, 11, 12, 21, 22, 23, 29.
- You have been registered in the on-line security system called E-Qip. You have been sent an e-mail from the Human Resources Office with the E-Qip web site address and answers to 3 "Golden Questions". You should retain that e-mail and refer to it when accessing the E-Qip web site. Initially, please review the "Quick Reference Guide for the Applicant" and the "Frequently Asked Questions about E-Qip". You may need to set up your personal computer as shown in the Web Browser Requirements and Getting Started sections of the "Quick Reference Guide" before completing the form on-line.
- Carefully follow the on-screen instructions and remember the information you provide will be used by investigators to conduct your background investigation. All blocks must be completely filled out with accurate and up-to-date names/dates/addresses/telephone numbers. Please follow instructions to print out signature pages, sign, and date the form.
- Hint: It will be helpful to print out a copy of the SF-86 and complete it in hard copy before sitting down at the computer and completing it online.
Quick Reference Guide for the Applicant
Frequently Asked Questions about E-Qip
- Declaration of Federal Employment
- Complete blocks 1 through 16a, sign and date the form.
- DOJ-555 - Disclosure and Authorization Pertaining to Consumer Reports Pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Review, sign and date the form.
Testing Policy Statement
- Review and retain this statement which applies to all applicants 18 years of age and older being considered for a paid position.
- Selective Service Registration Certification - Complete this form and include your registration number if you are a male born after 12/31/1959 and are at least 18 years of age.
Citizenship/Loyalty Statement - Applicant certifies s/he is a dual
citizen of the U.S. and another country. Submit the above and submit one
copy of the following, if applicable:
- Letter of explanation stating why the applicant feels s/he is a dual citizen of the U.S. and another country
Born Relatives or Associates Statement
- Complete this form if you have any foreign-born relatives, foreign-born spouse that you listed on your security questionnaire.
- Additional Information
- Complete this form, regardless of citizenship status, for (1)cohabitant; and (2)any foreign-born relatives, foreign-born spouse.
- Fingerprint cards will be mailed to you. You can be fingerprinted at any local law enforcement agency.
- Cards should be signed in the presence of the person fingerprinting you.
Information - i.e., bankruptcy, indebtedness, arrests, income tax
issues, drug use, etc. If you answered Yes to questions #23, 24, 25, 27,
28 or 29 on the SF-86, you must:
- Provide a letter of explanation addressing each derogatory issue.
- Provide supporting documents, e.g., canceled payment checks, letter from creditor, court disposition, etc.
Please Federal Express or hand deliver forms to the following address:
United States Attorney's Office
Attention: Human Resources
Southern District of Iowa
110 East Court Avenue, Suite # 286
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
For additional information, please contact Human Resources at 515-473-9337