- Gangs can take many forms based on membership, history, function or activity.
As part of a coordinated statewide program to prevent future gang activity in Maryland, the United States Attorney's Office, in conjunction with our state and local partners, has developed a multimedia presentation to educate parents and teachers about the dangers of gangs that recruit students in our state.
The presentation is designed to inform adults about how best to protect young people from criminal gangs. The presentation includes a brief history of gangs, identifies gangs operating in Maryland, suggests prevention and intervention strategies, and provides gang prevention and intervention resources.
This program is free of charge and available for your PTA, faculty, and professional development meetings. It has been designed by a MSDE certified teacher specifically for school based audiences and approved by the Maryland State Department of Education’s Director of Student Services and Alternative Programs.
- staff version - approximately 50 minutes (faculty meetings, staff development)
- parent version- approximately 70 minutes (PTA meetings, community forums, etc.)
- not fear based; no graphic imagery
- supportive of the academic mission of the school
- meets Safe Schools Act training mandates
Parents, teachers and school administrators play a critical role in securing the safety and welfare of our community, and the United States Attorney's Office is eager to partner with your school community to promote a safe and healthy learning environment.
If you or your parent organization would like to have this program presented at your school, please contact Vincent DeVivo, School Outreach Coordinator at the Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute at (410)-875-3424.
Northern Division Gang Prosecutions
Black Guerilla Family (BGF)
- 19 New Defendants, Including 14 Correctional Officers, Indicted For Federal Racketeering In Baltimore City Jail Investigation
- 13 Correctional Officers among 25 Alleged BGF Gang Members And Associates Indicted on Federal Racketeering Charges
- BGF Commander and Gang Member Sentenced to Prison for Participating in a Racketeering Conspiracy
Dead Man Inc.:
- 22 Alleged Members of Violent “Dead Man Incorporated” Gang Indicted on Federal Racketeering, Murder and Drug Charges That May Bring Life in Federal Prison
- Founder of Violent “Dead Man Incorporated” Gang Pleads Guilty To Federal Racketeering, Murder and Drug Charges
- Joint Federal/State Investigation Results in Charges Against 64 Defendants for Dealing Heroin in the Latrobe Homes Area of East Baltimore City
- Member of Latrobe Homes East Baltimore Drug Gang Exiled to 10 Years in Prison
Howard County Bloods
- 21 Alleged Bloods Gang Members And Associates Indicted For Federal Criminal Conspiracies Based In Howard County
- 42 Defendants, Including Alleged Pdl Bloods Gang Members and Associates, Indicted on Federal Racketeering and Drug Conspiracy Charges
- PDL Bloods Leader Sentenced to Life in Prison for Racketeering and Drug Conspiracies Involving Murder and Attempted Murders
Rollling' 20's Bloods
- Alleged Leader of Rollin’ 20's Bloods Gang Indicted On Gun and Drug Charges
- Leader of Rollin’ 20's Bloods Gang Sentenced To over 15 Years in Prison for Drug Trafficking
South Side Brims Bloods
- Founder And Leader Of SSB Bloods Gang Pleads Guilty To Racketeering And Is Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison
- 35 Alleged Members and Associates of “SSB Bloods” Gang Indicted on Federal Racketeering, Drug and Gun Charges
- 26 Indicted On Racketeering And Drug Charges Related To Violence And Drug Dealing In The Cherry Hill Area Of Baltimore
- Leader Of Kentland Drug Organization Sentenced To Over 24 Years In Prison
- Leader Of Baltimore Heroin Distribution Conspiracy Sentenced To 15 Years In Prison
- Leader of Marijuana Trafficking Organization Sentenced to Life on Racketeering Charges
- 18 Defendants Charged with Operating a Large Scale Drug Organization in Anne Arundel and Howard Counties
- Undercover Investigation into Drug-trafficking Results in Heroin and Firearms Seizures, State and Federal Charges Against 34 Individuals
- Leader of 4x4 Drug Organization Exiled to 20 Years in Prison
- Baltimore Drug Gang Member Convicted of Federal Racketeering and Murder Conspiracy Charges
Southern Division Gang Prosecutions
- Alleged Members of the 18th Street Gang Indicted in a Racketeering Conspiracy Involving Five Murders, Extortion, Armed Robbery and Obstructing Justice
- 19 Alleged Latin Kings Gang Members Indicted On Federal Racketeering Conspiracy Charge
- Latin Kings Leader Sentenced to 23 Years in Prison for Racketeering Conspiracy Including Attempted Murders
Maryland Gangs: Information and Prevention
Information database on gang activity in maryland, Virginia, and D.C .
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services Gang Intelligence
Maryland Youth Crisis Hotline