Nebraska LECC Criminal Justice Conference
The 27th annual Nebraska Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee (LECC) Criminal Justice and County Attorney’s Conference is being held in Kearney, Nebraska May 21-23, 2014 with more than 300 local, state, and federal law enforcement officials and prosecutors attending.
The conference is designed to bring training to law enforcement officials and prosecutors in the latest topics impacting the criminal justice system. The conference is annually hosted by the United States Attorney's Office, Nebraska County Attorneys Association and the Nebraska Sheriffs Association.
This year’s topics include:
- Role and Function of the DMV in Fraud and Criminal Matters
- Law Enforcement and the Media
- Case Study on the Gang Recruitment Statute
- Child Porn “Pedo Board” - International Child Pornography Case Study
- Synthetic Drugs/K2 drugs
- Immigration Issues
- Preventing and Handling In-Custody Deaths
- Biohazard Concerns at Crime Scenes
- Juries and Social Media
- Hate Crimes
Awards will be presented during the Thursday evening (May19th) banquet by United States Attorney Deborah R. Gilg, to criminal justice officials for their outstanding contributions to the criminal justice system and their communities.