Placeholder Banner Image

How to Report Fraud

If you want to report information about a person or business that may be committing fraud against a federal program, you may report it to the FBI at (603) 472-2224 or to one of the following agencies that investigate specific types of fraud:

Health Care Fraud (Including Medicare/Medicaid Fraud)

U.S Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Inspector General

Defense Fraud (Including Defense Contracting Fraud)

U.S. Department of Defense
Office of Inspector General
(800) 424-9098

Housing Fraud (Including Mortgage Fraud or Fraud in Public Housing)

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Office fo Inspector General
(800) 347-3735

Fraud Related to Veterans (Including VA benefits and VA programs)

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Office of Inspector General
(800) 488-8244

Fraud Related to Agriculture (Including Food Stamp fraud)

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of Inspector General
(800) 424-9121

Fraud Related to Social Security (Including Social Security benefit fraud)

Social Security Adminstration
Office of Inspector General
(800) 269-0271

USAO Homepage
USAO Briefing Room
US Attorneys Office

53 Pleasant Street, 4th Floor
Concord, NH 03301

Victim Witness Assistance

Making sure that victims of federal crimes are treated with compassion, fairness and respect.

Justice 101