19 Charged In Prescription Drug Trafficking Conspiracies
PITTSBURGH, Pa. - Nineteen individuals have been charged in two separate, but related, indictments with violating federal narcotics laws, United States Attorney David J. Hickton announced today.
A one‑count indictment returned on June 7, 2011, and unsealed today, charges nine Allegheny County residents and one Washington County resident with drug trafficking. The indictment names:
- Brian David Wolfe, a/k/a Jeff Hoffman, a/k/a Jason Hines, a/k/a Dior R. Christian, a/k/a Joseph Gal, a/k/a Tim Larkin, a/k/a Jayson Sanders, a/k/a Jeff Larkin, 36, of South Park, Pennsylvania;
- Shannon Houston Wolfe, 39, of South Park, Pennsylvania;
- Ryan Robert Beharry, 26, of Penn Hills, Pennsylvania;
- Daniel Saamus Malady, 29, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;
- Dennis O'Hare, a/k/a Dennis Harris, 48, of Elizabeth, Pennsylvania;
- Stephen Michael Arovits, 26, of West Mifflin, Pennsylvania;
- Roy Getty Arthrell, a/k/a Roy Arthur, 35, of Finleyville, Pennsylvania;
- Terrell Ockmig Robinson, 28, of West Mifflin, Pennsylvania;
- David Jones Smouse, a/k/a Dave Cimeno, a/k/a David Seese, a/k/a Dave Lowe, a/k/a Dave Sparks, 28, of West Mifflin, Pennsylvania; and
- Michael Schwartzbauer, 32, of South Park, Pennsylvania.
According to the indictment, from Feb. 26, 2009 to June 21, 2010, the defendants conspired to distribute and possess with intent to distribute oxycodone, a Schedule II controlled substance.
In a separate, but related, indictment, nine Allegheny County residents were charged by a federal grand jury in Pittsburgh with drug trafficking. The one‑count indictment, returned on June 7, 2011, and unsealed today, names:
- James Anthony Dixon, 38, of South Park, Pennsylvania;
- John Henry Minor, 25, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;
- Jennifer Alexxis Magura, a/k/a Melissa Jennifer Kidd, a/k/a Stephany Amanda Cousins, a/k/a Angelique Stephany Scherer, 41, of Dravosburg, Pennsylvania;
- Rachel Ann McGovern, 29, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;
- Zachary Grant Janaszek, 21, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;
- Eric Jye Kisner, a/k/a Erik James Bendel, a/k/a Jacob Matthew Parrache, 39, of McKeesport, Pennsylvania;
- Kimberly Anne Dayton, 39, of Carnegie, Pennsylvania;
- Tina L. Samolovitch, 25, of South Park, Pennsylvania; and
- Kiahwatha Rahiem Downey, 31, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
According to the indictment, from Feb. 26, 2009 to June 21, 2010, the defendants conspired to distribute and possess with intent to distribute oxycodone.
The law provides for a total sentence of not more than 20 years in prison, a fine of $1,000,000, or both. Under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, the actual sentence imposed is based upon the seriousness of the offense and the criminal history, if any, of the defendants.
Assistant United States Attorney Mary McKeen Houghton is prosecuting the cases on behalf of the government.
In separate, but related, cases, the following Allegheny County residents pled guilty to conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute oxycodone:
- John Paul Larcinese, Criminal No. 10‑207, 31, of Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania;
- Audrey Jean Barton, Criminal No. 10‑240, 51, of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania;
- Shaun Joseph O'Rorke, Criminal No. 10‑241, 29, of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania;
- Lisa Dawn Taylor, Criminal No. 11‑79, 28, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;
- Chelsey Ruth Witt, Criminal No. 11‑77, 22, of Clairton, Pennsylvania; and
- James Martin Mack, Criminal No. 11‑80, 32, of Munhall, Pennsylvania.
The Drug Enforcement Administration, Mt. Lebanon Police Department, South Park Police Department, Pleasant Hills Police Department, Bethel Park Police Department, North Versailles Police Department, Whitehall Police Department, City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, Allegheny County Probation/Parole Office, Allegheny County District Attorney's Office and the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office conducted the investigation that led to the prosecution of the defendants.
Protect yourself from fraud, and report suspected cases of financial fraud to local law enforcement.