NATIONAL CASELOAD STATISTICAL DATA
The Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys regularly releases national caseload statistical data in response to monthly requests under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts. To facilitate public access, the data appears below pursuant to 5 U.S.C. §552(a)(2)(D).
Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), for additional information about the data.
To access the data, identify the dataset from the list below, click on the link and follow the instructions.
- The U.S. Attorney is afforded significant discretion to manage his or her office according to locally perceived priorities and needs, within the umbrella of overarching Department of Justice priorities. The U.S. Attorneys' Offices also have some flexibility in the way they utilize the Legal Information Office Network System (LIONS). As a result, this information should not be used to draw comparisons between individual U.S. Attorneys' Offices.
- Under 5 U.S.C. §552(a)(2)(D), records that "are likely to become the subject of subsequent requests for substantially the same records" may also be made electronically available online.
- Tables GS_Order_Type and GS_Court_Order_Disp have have been added to track information withheld from public under 18 U.S.C. 3607 or other statute or court order. New fields have been added under table GS_Staff to facilitate eventual transition to a new consolidated database now in development.
Monthly Data Files
Monthly data is provided for the most recent three months due to the size of the files (approximately 20 gigabytes per month). A new month's dataset will typically be posted within 60 days of the end of a month.
- April 2014 data files (See Note 3 Above)
- March 2014 data files (See Note 3 Above)
- February 2014 data files (See Note 3 Above)