PLEASE NOTE: More comprehensive information can generally be found at the Bankruptcy Court's website at http://www.ctb.uscourts.gov.
How to receive a copy of the U.S. Trusteeç´ Statement or Objection to an Application for compensation?
Q: How to receive a copy of the U.S. Trusteeç´ Statement or Objection to an Application for compensation.
A: If you are a party-in-interest, you may access the pleading on line from PACER, or you may contact the U.S. Trustee's Office by calling (203)773-2210. Please have the case name, number and chapter available when calling. A copy may also be obtained from the Court.
Q: Where do I get information regarding my bankruptcy?
A: Requests for copies can be made through the Bankruptcy Court Clerk in the district where the case was filed. See links for U.S. Bankruptcy Court Clerks for the District of Connecticut.
Q: How to receive a copy of a Chapter 7 Trustee Final Report?
A: Once the Chapter 7 Final Report has been filed with the Court, it can be accessed on line from PACER or a copy can be obtained from the Court. Please note that there may be a fee.
Q: What do I bring to a section 341 meeting?
A: Each individual debtor shall bring to the meeting of creditors conducted pursuant to 11 U.S.C. section 341 the following items:
- A picture identification issued by a governmental unit, or other personal identifying information that establishes the debtor's identity. Passports and Drivers' Licenses are acceptable forms of identification.
- Evidence of social security number(s), or a written statement that such documentation does not exist. A social security card is the preferred proof of social security number.
Each individual debtor shall also bring to the meeting of creditors conducted pursuant to 11 U.S.C. Section 341, and be prepared to leave with the Trustee, copies of the following items. To the extent these items are not available, the debtor must provide a written statement that the documentation does not exist or is not in the debtor's possession.
- All pay advices or pay stubs received by the debtor within the 60 days preceding the filing of the bankruptcy case.
- Unless the Trustee or the United States Trustee instructs otherwise,
- For the time period that includes the date of the filing of the debtor's bankruptcy petition - Statements for each of the debtor's depository and investment accounts, including checking, savings, and money market accounts, mutual funds and brokerage accounts.
- Documentation of monthly expenses claimed by the debtor when required by 11 U.S.C. Section 707(b)(2)(A) or (B).
- Any other documents requested by the Trustee.
At least 7 days before the first date set for the meeting of creditors conducted pursuant to 11 U.S.C. Section 341, the debtor shall provide to the Trustee a copy of the debtor's Federal income tax return for the most recent tax year ending immediately before the commencement of the case and for which a return was filed, including any attachments, or a transcript of the tax return, or provide a written statement that the documentation does not exist.
Q: How do I reschedule a 341 meeting?
A: Creditors and parties-in-interest have been notified of the date of the initial Section 341 Meeting. If the case is a chapter 7 or chapter 13, you must submit your request for a continuance to the appropriate trustee's office in a timely manner. If the case is a chapter 11 case, you must submit your request for a continuance to the U.S. Trustee's Office at (203) 773-2210. Continuances will be granted only under the most exigent circumstances. If a continuance is granted, it will be the Debtor's obligation to notify all creditors and parties-in-interest of the new date and time.
Q: What to do in times of inclement weather?
A: Call 203-773-2210 for a recorded message regarding whether the U.S. Trustee’s office will be open. If the U.S. Trustee’s office will be open, but you cannot attend the Section 341(a) meeting due to the weather, please call the appropriate trustee’s office.
Q: How do I obtain a copy of section 341 meeting tape?
A: For a transcript or a certified copy of a Section 341(a) Meeting tape, please contact Bowles Reporting Service, 2 Chapman Lane, Gales Ferry, CT 06335, (860) 464-1083, Fax (860) 464-8304. For an uncertified copy of the audio tape, please send a blank 90 minute cassette tape and a written request to the United States Trustee with the date of the meeting, the case number, the case name, the name of the trustee, a blank tape and a self-addressed stamped envelope. Please contact Nicole Neely at (203) 773-2210 at the U.S. Trustee’s Office if you have any questions.