"This responsibility demands that Department representatives perform their duties consistent with the Constitution and Department values, at the highest level of professionalism, and in a manner that conveys respect for all.”Following the discovery last year of problematic training materials used in certain instances, Deputy Attorney General Cole issued a memorandum on September 28, 2011 to component heads and United States Attorneys to review all training materials and presentations provided by their personnel. Building on that directive, this memorandum directs all training adhere to the following core principles:
- Training must be consistent with the Constitution and Department values.
- The content of trainings and training materials must be accurate, appropriately tailored, and focused.
- Trainers must be well-qualified in the subject area and skilled in presenting it.
- Trainers must demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism.
- Training must meet Department standards.