|This document is also available in PDF format (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site.|
Comment Number: AGW-13642
|Sent:||Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:26 AM|
|Subject:||Corporate food control|
For our nation's integrity please review and consider:
1. Irish famine was the result of the dependance on one breed of potato-monoculture.
2. Monoculture exposes that particular monocrop to increased attack by pests.
3. The use of pesticides on the monocultures increases the likelihood of pest resistance to the pesticide and pollutes our waters. Besides long term health concerns there may be a decrease in male fertility from atrizine.
4. We are becoming more dependent on food being imported. When gas prices increase food becomes more expensive; people become distressed with the increases and protest. Finding farmers to raise food rather than commodities will be challenging.
5. The way our soil is being utilized it is being depleted. Any nation is dependent on its soil. If you don't have good soil you don't good food to feed an army, an hungry and uncooperative populace. We are all connected to the soil no matter how much one would wish to deny it.
6. Please protect our God given seed supply and the farmers ability to collect God's seeds without interference from corporations.
Updated April 7, 2016