REW Public Comment : Jobin Realty (Kamil, George) 10/22/2005, REW-0155
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
Dear Real estate Workshop Committee/NAR & PWAR representatives,
Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts with you and I hope your efforts are rewarded.
October 22, 2005
Dear FTC & U.S. DOJ Committee,
I hope all is well. My wish is to have your support to save the Real Estate industry and protect the agents' careers. As a practitioner for 5 years, I feel my business is affected by unfair competition from entities such as:
1. http://www.forsalebyowner.com, as an example,
2. http://www.helpusell.com, and others of the like,
3. Agents list sellers' properties for a Fee in MLS and direct buyers to deal with sellers directly. What kind of message is this sending to the market? Those who like the use of the Internet as a media should use an online auction system. I pay to subscribe to my Regional MLS system.
4. Real Estate attorneys support/encourage both buyers & sellers and complete transactions to avoid real estates agents' engagement.
5. Discount brokerages offer reduced services for cheap. I don't think they doing anyone a favor.
6. Businesses buy sellers' properties for less to turn around and make a profit for their own, e.g. "We buy houses"!
I hope you make every effort to put things in perspective so that the Real Estate industry survives and continues doing the right thing for the community.