|This document is available in two formats: this web page (for browsing content) and PDF (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
Dear Real estate Workshop Committee/NAR & PWAR representatives,
Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts with you and I hope your efforts are rewarded.
October 22, 2005
Dear FTC & U.S. DOJ Committee,
I hope all is well. My wish is to have your support to save the Real Estate industry and protect the agents' careers. As a practitioner for 5 years, I feel my business is affected by unfair competition from entities such as:
1. http://www.forsalebyowner.com, as an example,
2. http://www.helpusell.com, and others of the like,
3. Agents list sellers' properties for a Fee in MLS and direct buyers to deal with sellers directly. What kind of message is this sending to the market? Those who like the use of the Internet as a media should use an online auction system. I pay to subscribe to my Regional MLS system.
4. Real Estate attorneys support/encourage both buyers & sellers and complete transactions to avoid real estates agents' engagement.
5. Discount brokerages offer reduced services for cheap. I don't think they doing anyone a favor.
6. Businesses buy sellers' properties for less to turn around and make a profit for their own, e.g. "We buy houses"!
I hope you make every effort to put things in perspective so that the Real Estate industry survives and continues doing the right thing for the community.