|Comment No.: ||REW-0402 |
|Received: ||10/25/2005 |
|Organization: ||Texas Discount Realty |
|Commenter: ||Farmer, Aaron |
|State: ||TX |
|Attachments: ||None |
Texas Discount Realty
- National Association of Realtors
- Texas Association of Realtors
- Austin Board of Realtors & MLS
- Houston Association of Realtors & MLS
- San Antonio Board of Realtors & MLS
- Arlington Board of Realtors & NTREIS MLS
- Bryan/College Station Realtors & MLS
- Waco Board of Realtors & MLS
- New Braunfels Board of Realtors & MLS
- Alice Board of Realtors
- Tyler Board of Realtors
- Founded in Summer of 2000, Austin, TX
- Work primarily with sellers
- Offer 3 different listing packages
- Flat Fee: $595 - Limited Service Listing
- Flat Fee Plus: $495 + $1500 at closing for full service assistance once a buyer surfaces
- Full-Service Plan: 4% to 6% paid at close. Assistance from start of listing to the closing.
- Rebates to buyers who do their own leg work.
Minimum Service Laws
- Texas 1st state to pass one September 2002
- First Shot Fired - Filing in Texas Register
- Filed suit November 2002, granted TRO
- TREC Repealed Rule
- New Rule Proposed February 2005
- DOJ & FTC write letter to TREC saying this new rule will harm consumer competition
- April 2005 TAR has rule attached to a housekeeping bill 11 days before the end of the session.
- Governor Perry $igns law. Went into effect Sept 1, 2005
- Who is behind these laws?
- Arguments for the laws. Fiduciary Duties.
- Last year 3,500 complaints against "Traditional Brokers" in Texas.
- NONE against limited service brokers, EVER!
- Harassment and Discrimination!
- Minimum Service Laws - my prediction
- Must stop the LIES and Discrimination! Not every consumer is the same.
- Most Alternative Brokers are REALTORS too!