|This document is available in two formats: this web page (for browsing content) and PDF (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site.|
Secretary (Office Automation)
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
1. Title of Job
2. Biographic Data
3. E-Mail Address
4. Work Information
5. Employment Availability
7. Background Information
8. Other Information
10. Lowest Grade
11. Miscellaneous Information
12. Special Knowledge
13. Test Location
14. Veteran Preference Claim
15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
16. Availability Date
17. Service Computation Date
18. Other Date Information
19. Job Preference
20. Occupational Specialities
21. Geographic Availability
22. Transition Assistance plan
23. Job related Experience
24. Personal Background Information
25. Occupational/Assessment Questions
1. This position requires the ability to type 40 words per minute. Can you type 40 words per minute?
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification requirements for the Secretary, GS-318-08.
Please indicate your knowledge, skills, and abilities in performing the tasks listed below that best describe your level of experience. Darken the oval corresponding to the statement in Section 25 (questions 3-14) of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item. The work must be supported in your resume.
3. Has experience using and maintaining an automated Criminal Practice Management System or an equivalent and preparing reports of legal activities.
4. Has experience using a variety software packages that include word processing and spreadsheets to produce different types of documents in a legal environment.
5. Has experience using the advanced functions of several types of office automation software, such as: importation of graphics or special symbols, creation of special columnar formats or charts, merging, to perform such functions as the production of a variety of reports, tracking of suspense actions, production of charts, creation of a specialized data base, or preparation of presentation materials from a project management software program, etc.
6. Has experience identifying and extracting data from reports which are available to the office and/or from other internal sources of information.
7. Has experience planning, coordinating, and establishing work tracking systems to monitor action items and project deadlines.
8. Has experience maintaining supervisor's calendar, scheduling appointments, and briefing supervisor on matters to be considered before the scheduled meeting.
9. Has experience serving in a liaison role in which contact was made with organization personnel, as well as individuals in the public and private sectors. Experience which demonstrates the ability to convey concepts logically and accurately, using tact and diplomacy.
10. Has experience reviewing other staff’s work for appropriate grammar, spelling and format errors. Establishing office procedures on correct document format for other staff to follow.
11. Has experience reviewing outgoing correspondence for clarity, consistency, completeness, and compliance to organizational policy.
12. Has experience making travel arrangements and preparing all related documentation, including authorizations and vouchers.
13. Has experience preparing and managing time and attendance and auditing time sheets.
14. Has experience searching, assembling, and summarizing information from legal files and documents in anticipation of the supervisor's needs.