Call The Housing Section's Toll-Free Tip Line

- Call our Housing Discrimination Tip Line to report an incident of housing discrimination.

Call Us: 1-800-896-7743 (toll-free Tip Line)
(202) 514-4713 (local calls)
(202) 514-1116 (Fax)

You may also:

E-Mail Us: to report housing discrimination. If you do not want an automatic acknowledgment of receipt, please enter the phrase "Do not respond" in the subject block of your email.

Write to Us:
U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Housing and Civil Enforcement Section, NWB
Washington, D.C. 20530

Contacting the Housing Section is not the same as making a formal complaint. There are specific deadlines on how long you have to file a formal housing discrimination complaint. If you wish to file a formal complaint, please contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development at 1-800-669-9777 or at

Updated August 6, 2015

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?
Yes No