- The Justice Department reached a settlement agreement with Pizzerias, LLC (Pizzerias), a pizza restaurant franchisee with 31 locations in Miami, Florida. The agreement resolves the department’s investigation into whether Pizzerias violated the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
- The Justice Department reached a settlement agreement with the Pea Ridge School District (PRSD) of Pea Ridge, Arkansas, to remedy alleged violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The Justice Department reached an agreement with the Suffolk City School District in Virginia that paves the way for the district to complete desegregation and achieve full unitary status.
- A Kansas man pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI during a federal hate crime investigation arising from a June 19, 2015, bias-motivated assault of three black Somali men.
- A Pennsylvania man has been indicted by a federal grand jury in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on a charge of violating the Hate Crimes Prevention Act.
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Mississippi approved a joint settlement agreement with the Justice Department, private plaintiffs, and the Cleveland School District, that will lead to the effective desegregation of Cleveland’s middle and high schools by the start of the next school year.
- The Justice Department reached a settlement agreement with Paragon Building Maintenance, Inc. (Paragon) and Pegasus Building Services Company, Inc. (Pegasus), related janitorial companies headquartered in Long Beach, California. The settlement resolves the department’s investigation into whether the companies violated the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
- A Florida man pleaded guilty to one count of conspiring with others to threaten, intimidate, and interfere with an interracial couple’s enjoyment of their housing rights.
- A Minnesota man was sentenced in the District of Minnesota to 12 months in prison and three years of supervised release for mailing a letter in which he threatened to blow up an Islamic Center.
CRT Biweekly Newsletter March 24 2017
Updated March 15, 2018