During the administrative processing of a complaint, the complainant has certain duties and/or responsibilities that he/she must fulfill, such as:
- Attend meetings and conferences relative to the complaint;
- Claim official certified mail when notified by post office;
- Inform the EEO Assistant Director of any change of address, telephone number or prolonged absence(s) from the permanent address;
- Respond to correspondence, telephone calls, and in general, cooperate with the EEO officials during the administrative process (failure to maintain this communication with EEO officials and/or failure to respond to correspondence from the EEO staff may result in a recommendation to cancel the complaint in accordance with 29 C.F.R. § 1614.107); and
- Provide the name, address and telephone number of his/her representative, in writing to the EEO staff, if applicable.
[cited in USAM 3-5.211]
Updated September 19, 2018