The USTP is a litigating component of the Department of Justice with responsibility for overseeing nearly all bankruptcy cases filed in the United States - from chapters 7, 12, and 13 cases to major chapter 11 business reorganizations. The Program's mission is to promote the integrity and efficiency of the bankruptcy system for the benefit of all stakeholders - debtors, creditors, and the public. USTP employees headquartered in Washington, DC, and in 92 field office locations across the country handle a wide range of administrative, regulatory, and enforcement matters. Of particular importance are the Program's efforts to address fraud and abuse by debtors, creditors, and others in the bankruptcy system by taking both formal and informal civil enforcement actions and making criminal referrals to U.S. Attorneys as appropriate.
As an Assistant United States Trustee, you will be responsible for the administrative and legal management of the United States Trustee's Las Vegas, NV office, including the supervision of personnel assigned to the office.
As an Assistant United States Trustee, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Coordinate and oversee the administration of a field office.
- Supervise a staff of trial attorneys, auditors, bankruptcy analysts, paralegals, and support personnel.
- Assign and monitor workload and assign work as necessary to accommodate workload surges and other unexpected increases or decreases to workload.
- Maintain a limited caseload, performing all duties involved in case administration including the preparation and presentation of cases before the bankruptcy court.
- Serve as a liaison to the bankruptcy court, the bar, other federal agencies, and any parties involved in the bankruptcy system.
- Assist the United States Trustee (UST) in establishing, maintaining, training, and supervising a panel of private trustees.
- Performs special projects at the request of the UST and the Executive Office.
- Responsible for the furtherance of equal opportunity in the employment, career development, advancement, and treatment of employees within the office.
Internal candidates who wish to be considered must demonstrate in their resume that they have at least five (5) years post J.D. professional legal experience in interpreting, applying and advocating on behalf of clients the provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code, the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure and related laws, rules, and regulations that arise in bankruptcy cases.
External candidates who wish to be considered must demonstrate in their resume that they have at least seven (7) years post J.D. professional legal experience in interpreting, applying and advocating on behalf of clients the provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code, the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure and related laws, rules, and regulations that arise in bankruptcy cases.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the required qualifications listed above, it is desired that applicants have three or more years' experience in managing or supervising and providing legal skills training to attorneys.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Candidates must have a Juris Doctorate Degree from a law school. It must be annotated in your resume.
BAR MEMBERSHIP: Candidates must be an active member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico with a valid license to practice law. It must be annotated in your resume.
You must meet all qualification requirements upon the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Please apply on USA Jobs by following the below link: