The HROD and has the responsibility for all human resources transactional work and serves as the primary focal point for the delivery of core HR services, to include payroll, compensation, recruitment, staffing, position classification, benefits, workforce flexibilities, workers compensation, management employee relations, policy, on-boarding and award processing.
The HROD consists of six branches, including the Executive/Supervisory Staffing Center, the Benefits and Workforce Flexibilities Branch, the Payroll Processing and Operations Branch, the Classification and Position Management Branch, the Human Recourses and Information Center and the Professional and Technical Staffing Branch.
This position serves as the Deputy Chief, Human Resources Operations Division (HROD), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Department of Justice (DOJ), and is responsible for addressing legal matters, conducting legal analysis, and developing formal legal opinions and other legal work products related to human resources management issues for use by higher-level management.
This position is in the Excepted Service.
Applicants must possess a J.D. degree from an American Bar Association (ABA) accredited law school and hold an active bar membership
All applicants must meet all qualification requirements described in this announcement by the closing date.
Specialized Experience is experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Specialized experience required for this position is legal experience in excess of six years commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of personnel management programs, policies, and procedures as they relate to major functional areas such as position classification, recruitment and placement, retirement, employee benefits, and pay administration.
2. Thorough knowledge of administrative principles and a good understanding of the DOJ and the OPM policies and procedures with respect to human resources management in order to coordinate program activities and ensure adherence to administrative requirements.
3. Mastery of the principles, concepts, laws and regulations of human resources management and consultative skills sufficient to generate new concepts, principles, and methods in the field.
4. Demonstrated ability to provide direction to subordinate supervisors and to oversee a large, diverse workforce
5. Demonstrated superior written skills and oral communication skills.
Must provide a writing sample (no more than 15 pages).
The how to apply instructions can be found in VA #15-EXC-173-EMH on USAJOBS.OPM.GOV.
All applications and resume must be submitted on-line through USAJOBS under vacancy announcement number 15-EXC-173-EMH.
All application must be received by April 13, 2015 midnight on the closing date of this announcement.
If you have questions or are unable to submit your application through USAJOBS, please contact Ella Hathaway, Human Resources Specialist, at (202) 648-8835.
Internet sites: http://www.atf.gov/content/Careers/careers-at-ATF (use this internet site to access the on-line application in USAJOBS). This and other attorney vacancy announcements with the Department of Justice can be found at http://www.justice.gov/legal-careers/vacancies