Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career as an Attorney with the Civil Division, U.S. Department of Justice? Join us in serving the United States with honor and integrity!!
** Applicants who applied to the January 19 - February 2, 2015 Announcement # Civil-TA-Frauds-2015-1, need not reapply, as your application remains under consideration. **
The Civil Division, with more than 1,000 Attorneys and 14 litigating components, represents the United States, its departments and agencies, Members of Congress, Cabinet and other Federal employees.
The Fraud Section of the Commercial Litigation Branch, Civil Division, represents the United States in federal district courts in civil matters concerning fraud against the Government as well as areas including conflict of interest, bribery and public corruption. The largest subject area of work is application of the False Claims Act, which includes bringing cases for fraud against Government healthcare programs, fraud by Government contractors, and fraud against a variety of other Government programs.
Applicants must be a graduate from a full course of study in a School of Law accredited by the American Bar Association and be a member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Applicants must possess a J.D. degree, be an active member of the bar (any jurisdiction), have at least three years of post J.D. experience to qualify at the GS-14 level; and four years of post J.D. experience to qualify at the GS-15 level. You must also be a U.S. citizen. The ideal candidate should anticipate working on fact-paced, complex litigation, have an exceptional academic background, and feel comfortable in a courtroom setting. Judicial clerkship experience is highly desirable.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. If you are claiming veterans preference, you must also submit your DD-214, and /or other documentation that you may have.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, July 13, 2015.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 1434349. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire ,
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf, and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission. Submitting Documents
If you upload your documents using Application Manager, DO NOT FAX the same documents. To verify uploaded documents have been processed, please wait one hour to ensure they have cleared the virus scan. You can verify that your uploaded documents are attached to your application by checking the Details tab of your Application Manager account https://applicationmanager.gov/ for this vacancy announcement. Your documents will display under the Details tab in the Document area.
Faxed documents will take 2-3 business days to process. To fax documents, you MUST use the special cover page. Print the pre-populated cover page on the upload documents screen of Application Manager. Or, you may click this link http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf to print a copy of the cover page. When faxing documents, follow the procedures outlined below.
· Include the 8-character Vacancy Identification Number 1434349
· Provide your Social Security Number and full name in the spaces provided or we will not be able to associate your document(s) with the rest of your application.
· You may submit multiple documents for the same vacancy announcement using one cover page.
· Fax your cover page and documents to 1-478-757-3144. Faxed documents submitted with missing information will not be processed. The following will prevent your documents from being processed:
· Not using the special cover page mentioned above.
· Missing, incomplete, or invalid Vacancy Identification Number
· Missing or incomplete Social Security Number or name
Note: If you have documents in your Application Manager account from a previous vacancy announcement they can be opened, copied and saved then reused as an upload file for this vacancy. Uploading your documents will speed the processing of your application for this announcement.
Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications can be submitted electronically using the document upload process, fax, mail or by hand-deliver. Please be sure to include all of the following information in your resume:
-Vacancy Identification Number, title, grade and location for which you are applying.
- Full name, mailing address (with zip code) and day/evening telephone numbers (with area code).
- Country of Citizenship.
- If ever employed by the Federal Government, please show the highest Federal civilian grade held, job series, and dates of employment in grade.
- Colleges and/or Universities attended, city, state and zip code.
- Major field(s) of study.
- Type and year of degree(s) received. If no degree received, show total credit hours received in semester or quarter hours.
Work Experience for each paid or non-paid position held related to the job for which you are applying (do not provide copies of job descriptions): - Job title.
- Duties and accomplishments.
- Employer's name and address.
- Supervisor's name and phone number.
- Starting and ending dates of employment (month and year).
- Indicate if your current supervisor may be contacted.
- Job-related training courses (title and year).
- Job-related skills (e.g., other languages, computer software/hardware, tools, machinery, typing speed, etc.)
- Job-related certificates and licenses.
- Job-related honors, awards, and special accomplishments. (e.g., publications, memberships in professional or honor societies, leadership activities, public speaking, performance awards, etc.) Do not send copies of documents unless specifically requested.