A memorandum from a United States Attorney to the Antitrust Division requesting approval to impanel a grand jury to investigate a possible antitrust violation should include the following information (see generally USAM 7-5.210):
- The companies, individuals, industry and commodity involved in the investigation;
- The relevant statute(s);
- The geographic area involved and judicial district where the investigation will be conducted;
- The nature of the alleged violation;
- The basis for concluding a grand jury is warranted; and
- The factors that make the investigation appropriate for investigation by the USA rather than the Antitrust Division.
[cited in USAM 7-5.310]