Skip to main content
Press Release

Waterbury Man Sentenced To 15 Years In Federal Prison For Role In Killingworth Bank Robbery

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Connecticut

Deirdre M. Daly, Acting United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, announced that DARIO PABEY, 32, of Waterbury, was sentenced today by United States District Judge Janet C. Hall in New Haven to 180 months of imprisonment, followed by three years of supervised release, for his role in the August 2012 robbery of TD Bank in Killingworth.

According to court documents and statements made in court, in the afternoon of August 6, 2012, Jennifer Jacques drove PABEY and Marcus Dwyer to the TD Bank on Route 81 in Killingworth.  PABEY and Dwyer then entered the bank wearing masks and demanded that everyone lie on the floor.  Dwyer pointed a gun at bank employees and customers and then jumped over the teller door and ordered the employees to open the vault.  He accompanied the employees to the vault while PABEY controlled the lobby area.  PABEY used zip ties to tie the hands of one bank employee and demanded that the customers give him their wallets, mobile phones and car keys.  As PABEY was starting to restrain a second person with zip ties, Dwyer ran past him with a bag of money that he had taken from the vault.  PABEY followed and grabbed a patron who had surrendered his car keys to him and forced him out of the bank.  Dwyer and PABEY fled in the customer’s vehicle, which was abandoned a short distance from the bank at a pre-planned location where Jacques was waiting.  Jacques then drove PABEY and Dwyer away from the bank while they changed out of the clothes they had worn during the robbery.

The investigation revealed that $43,573 was stolen from the bank and its patrons during the robbery.

PABEY has been detained since his arrest on September 7, 2012.  On February 25, 2013, he pleaded guilty to one count of bank robbery.

Dwyer and Jacques have pleaded guilty and await sentencing.

This matter has been investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Connecticut State Police.  The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Ray Miller and Sarala Nagala.


Tom Carson
(203) 821-3722

Updated March 18, 2015