The Student Educational Employment Program is available to all levels of students: high school, vocational and technical, associate degree, baccalaureate degree, graduate degree and professional degree students who reside in the Washington Metropolitan areas of the District of Columbia, Virginia and Maryland.
Job opportunities under this component offer you temporary employment. Employment can last for as long as you are a student. These employment opportunities need not necessarily be related to your academic field of study.
- Year round employment
- Flexible schedule of work assignments
- Open to all students...high school, undergraduate, graduate, and vocational/technical.
You are eligible under the Student Educational Employment Program if you are:
- A student enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student (diploma, certificate, etc.).
- Taking at least half-time academic or vocational and technical course load in an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school (a minimum of 6 credit hours), and must maintain a minimum cumulative and semester GPA of 2.5.
- A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island).
Please note that all employment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background investigation adjudicated by the Department of Justice. Applicants are also subject to drug testing by urinalysis.
GRADE LEVELS OF POSITIONS
Student positions in this Office are filled at the GS-2, GS-3, or GS-4 level depending on the qualifications of the applicant.
Applicants interested in applying for any of the above programs should send a cover letter, resume, and a recent school transcript (last semester) to:
Student Employment Coordinator
United States Attorney's Office
555 Fourth Street, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20530
Applicants who have tentatively been selected for positions with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia will find below a list of security and administrative forms required for employment.
Student Temporary Employment Security Forms