Skip to main content
Press Release

St. Louis Man Sentenced to 76 Months in Prison for Dealing Drugs at the St. Louis Galleria Mall

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Missouri

St. Louis, Missouri – United States District Judge John A. Ross sentenced Emanuel Mays, 29, of St. Louis, to 76 months in prison for possession with intent to distribute one or more controlled substances and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime. 

According to the plea agreement, on November 5, 2018, an undercover St. Louis County detective conducted a controlled buy of fentanyl from co-defendant Derrick George.  Detectives conducting surveillance before the buy saw an Infiniti headed to the location of the buy, the St. Louis Galleria Mall in St. Louis County.  Mays, along with co-defendants Derrick George and Larry Calloway, were in the car.  Once at the Galleria Mall, George approached the undercover detective's car and gave him thirteen capsules of fentanyl.  The detective then provided sixty dollars to George, who was subsequently arrested. 

Mays and Calloway unsuccessfully attempted to flee in the Infiniti.  Mays got out of the car and fled on foot. When Mays was finally apprehended after he ran into a dead end, detectives found the key fob for the Infiniti on his person, as well as a cell phone.  Mays was arrested and the following items were found in the Infiniti:

• a 9mm Smith & Wesson pistol loaded with one live round in the chamber and fifteen

        9mm rounds in the magazine found on the driver's side floorboard;

• .40 caliber Smith & Wesson pistol loaded with one round in the chamber and sixteen

        rounds in the magazine found on the front passenger's side floorboard;

• a semi-automatic Zastava rifle loaded with one round in the chamber and four

        rounds in the magazine found on the rear passenger floorboard;

• cigars and a plastic bag with marijuana;

• plastic bags with fentanyl and methamphetamine; and

• two face masks.

Co-defendants George and Calloway were sentenced to 16 and 76 months in prison, respectively.

The St. Louis County Police Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation investigated this case.

Updated July 10, 2020

Drug Trafficking
Firearms Offenses
Violent Crime