Eufaula Man Sentenced To 78 Months, $3,000 Restitution For Possession Of Material Involving Sexual Exploitation Of A Minor
For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Oklahoma
MUSKOGEE, OKLAHOMA – The United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Oklahoma announced that Jacob Quinlan Navarrette, age 28, of Eufaula, Oklahoma was sentenced to 78 months’ imprisonment, 10 years of supervised release, and pay $3,000.00 in restitution for Possession Of Certain Material Involving The Sexual Exploitation Of A Minor, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Sections 2252(a)(4)(B) and 2252(b)(2). Once released from incarceration, the Defendant must register as a sex offender, complete sex offender treatment and comply with conditions of that treatment including polygraphs to determine compliance, the Defendant may not possess any type of pornography, and he must submit to examinations of his computers. The charges arose from an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The Indictment alleged that beginning in or about January 2018, and continuing until on or about May 2, 2018, in the Eastern District of Oklahoma, the defendant knowingly possessed and accessed with the intent to view, and attempted to possess and access with the intent to view, a visual depiction of a prepubescent minor under the age of twelve engaging in sexually explicit conduct, and said visual depiction was of such sexually explicit conduct and had been transported in interstate commerce by computer.
United States Attorney Brian J. Kuester said, “The horrific acts committed against children by the criminals who produce child pornography is made profitable by the criminals that purchase, possess, and share it. I commend the FBI for its diligent efforts to identify, investigate, and bring to justice those who are involved in despicable acts against children.”
The Honorable Ronald A. White, U.S. District Judge in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma, in Muskogee, presided over the hearing. Assistant United States Attorney Sarah McAmis represented the United States.
Updated August 24, 2020
Project Safe Childhood