Some signs of misuse of benefits:
- Insufficient or untrained staff
- Unsanitary conditions
- Inadequate or non-nutritious food
- Lack of daily activities for residents
- Insufficient money for residents' personal needs
What can our office do?
- Work with other federal and state agencies to educate Care Homes about the proper use of their residents' government benefits.
- Monitor continued compliance with proper use of a resident's government benefits.
- Investigate allegations of of government benefits by owners and operators of Care Homes.
- File criminal and/or civil charges against those who willfully and intentionally misuse another person's government benefits.
If you suspect that a Care Home is not using someone's benefits to properly care for them, you can contact Trisha Doyle at 215-861-8305 or Marilyn May at 215-861-8308.
Updated December 19, 2014