Skip to main content
Press Release

District Heights Man Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison For Drug And Gun Charges

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Maryland


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                           Contact ELIZABETH MORSE                                                     at (410) 209-4885      


Greenbelt, Maryland – United States District Judge Paul W. Grimm sentenced Erron Deon Robinson, age 32, of District Heights, Maryland today to ten years in prison, followed by five years of supervised release, for possession with intent to distribute 100 grams or more of a substance containing a detectable amount of fentanyl and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The sentence was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Robert K. Hur; Special Agent in Charge Daniel L. Board Jr. of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Baltimore Field Division; Chief Henry P. Stawinksi III of the Prince George’s County Police Department; and Chief Peter Newsham of the Metropolitan Police Department, Washington D.C.

According to his plea agreement, in August 2017, law enforcement officers attempted to execute an arrest warrant for Robinson, which had been issued by the Superior Court for the District of Columbia. After apprehending Robinson, officers searched his residence and found a loaded Sig Sauer 9mm handgun, a loaded Glock 10mm handgun, a box of ammunition, approximately 175 grams of a substance containing a detectable amount of several substances, including furanyl fentanyl, fentanyl, and heroin, digital scales, a large bag of Mannitol powder, and $6,825.00 United States currency. 

Prior to August 23, 2017, Robinson had been convicted of a felony, which prohibited him from legally possessing firearms or ammunition.

United States Attorney Robert K. Hur praised the ATF, the Prince George Police Department, and the D.C. Metropolitan Police for their work in the investigation.  Mr. Hur thanked Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Packard, who prosecuted the case.


Updated April 16, 2018