You are here

Justice News

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of New Hampshire

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Massachusetts Man Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy to Transport Stolen Goods

            CONCORD – Conery Alan Morse, 32, of Wilbraham, Massachusetts, pleaded guilty in federal court to participating in a conspiracy to transport stolen goods, United States Attorney Scott W. Murray announced today.

            According to court documents and statements made in court, between approximately April of 2018 and approximately December of 2018, Morse conspired with James Falk to steal high-value items from large retail stores throughout New England and send the items to a person associated with an online marketplace for eventual sales to online customers.

            To carry out the conspiracy, Morse and Falk entered large retail stores, chose high-value items (such as thermostats, alarm systems, electronics, hardware, and tools), and left the stores without paying for all of the items.  To steal goods inside the stores, Morse and Falk hid stolen goods in larger boxes and containers.  In addition, Morse and Falk used containers that caused radio frequency interference in an attempt to defeat the stores’ security alarm sensors. Morse and Falk shipped stolen goods to an address in Maplewood, New Jersey, for eventual sale to online consumers.  Morse and Falk later received payments for the stolen items. 

            Morse and Falk caused a total loss to the victim stores of approximately $54,000.

            Morse is scheduled to be sentenced on October 10, 2019.  Falk previously pleaded guilty on May 30, 2019, and is scheduled to be sentenced on September 13, 2019.

            “Interstate theft and fraud are serious crimes,” said U.S. Attorney Murray.  “We will remain vigilant in our efforts to protect businesses and consumers in the Granite State from such wrongdoing.  I want to thank the law enforcement officers whose work put an end to this criminal scheme.”  

            This matter was investigated by the New Hampshire State Police and the United States Department of Commerce.  The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney John Davis.


Press Release Number: 
Updated June 27, 2019