Skip to main content

Environmental Justice

“The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Nevada is committed to working with our agency partners and the Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division in upholding our nation’s environmental laws and protecting our citizens, our communities, and our natural resources through an undeterred focus on environmental justice.”

~U.S. Attorney Jason M. Frierson


The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Nevada is responsible for enforcing our nation’s civil and criminal environmental laws, including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and hazardous waste laws. We work hard to protect the natural resources of this beautiful state and uphold the tribal rights and resources of our District.

Working with our U.S. Department of Justice partners, the U.S. Attorney’s Office seeks to secure environmental justice for all communities, and to ensure that all communities have equal protection from environmental and health hazards and equal access to a healthy environment in which to enjoy the beautiful state in which we live.

U.S. Attorney Frierson encourages residents to contact local, state, and federal agency hotlines or websites to report environmental, health and safety concerns. The U.S. Attorney’s Office is committed to protecting the community from harmful violations of federal health and safety laws.

Who to Contact

If the violation impacts air quality; climate change; chemicals and toxics; health; land, waste, and cleanup; or water, please report the violation to the Environmental Protection Agency at:

If the violation concerns workplace conditions such as chemicals or noxious fumes, please call the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) at: 1-800-321-6742. 

If the violation concerns pesticides harming wildlife, please call the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service at 1-800-344-9453.

If the violation concerns the destruction of wetlands, please call your local district branch of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Office at 1-800-832-7828.

If the violation concerns medications, cosmetics, biological products, and other products for human consumption, please call the FDA at 1-888-463-6332.

To report an oil or chemical spill, please call the National Response Center at 1-800-424-88022.

If the violation concerns the unlawful destruction, trafficking or theft of Indian art or artifacts, or other tribal matters, please contact the U.S. Department of Interior at


The Environmental Protection Agency’s online complaint form is available at:

Call the Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division at: 202-514-2701

If you suspect that a violation of a pollution-control law is occurring and presents an emergency situation, you may also contact your local fire or health department.


Download informational pamphlet: 



Updated January 19, 2023