Skip to main content
Press Release

Sioux Falls Man Sentenced for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of South Dakota

PIERRE - United States Attorney Alison J. Ramsdell announced today that Chief Judge Roberto A. Lange, U.S. District Court, has sentenced a Sioux Falls, South Dakota, man convicted of Failure to Register as a Sex Offender. The sentencing took place on May 22, 2023.

Adrian Fast Dog, 43, was sentenced to three years and seven months in federal prison, followed by five years of supervised release, and ordered to pay a $100 special assessment to the Federal Crime Victims Fund.

Fast Dog was indicted for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender by a federal grand jury in August of 2022. He pleaded guilty on February 13, 2023.

Fast Dog was convicted of Aggravated Sexual Abuse on October 15, 2001. As a result of this conviction, he is required to register as a sex offender and update his registration within three business days of relocation or changing employment or student status. Fast Dog last registered in June of 2021, providing a motel in Sioux Falls as his address. Subsequent address verification checks conducted by law enforcement revealed Fast Dog was not residing at the motel. Fast Dog’s whereabouts were unknown until he was arrested on July 27, 2022.

This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse, launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice. Led by the U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and the DOJ’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state, and local resources to locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children, as well as identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, please visit

This case was investigated by the U.S. Marshals Service and the Sioux Falls Police Department. Assistant U.S. Attorney Abby Roesler prosecuted the case.

Fast Dog was immediately remanded to the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service.



Updated May 28, 2023

Project Safe Childhood