Skip to main content
Press Release

New York man gets more than nine years for role in robbing drug dealers

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of West Virginia

CHARLESTON, W.Va. – United States Attorney Booth Goodwin announced today that Keith I. Glenn, 31, of New York, was sentenced to more than nine years in federal prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

In October 2013, Glenn pleaded guilty to possessing a firearm while participating in armed home invasion robberies of drug dealers. He admitted that on March 22, 2012, he, Robert Barcliff, Brandon Davis and Darrell Gillespie robbed someone they believed to be a drug dealer in Bristol, Virginia. They entered the victim’s home brandishing weapons, and stole firearms, ammunition and drugs. The group then returned to South Charleston to divide the spoils.

On March 22, 2012, Glenn also participated in an attempted robbery in Dunbar, West Virginia. He, Davis and Gillespie attempted to rob a drug dealer in the Roxalana Hills apartment complex but failed when the victim resisted. The group was later arrested by police.

Glenn further admitted that on April 22, 2012, he, Barcliff, Robert Jared Smith and William Seltzer carried out an armed home-invasion robbery in Marmet, West Virginia, of drug dealers believed to be from Detroit. A firearm was discharged during the robbery.

Smith, Seltzer and Davis have pleaded guilty to charges related to this investigation, and await sentencing in February. Barcliff was recently sentenced to 16 years in federal prison. Gillespie was convicted by a federal jury and awaits sentencing in May 2015.

Beginning in the fall of 2011, Glenn was part of a group that conspired and agreed to commit armed home invasion robberies of drug dealers in West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. The objective of the conspiracy and robberies was to steal drugs, drug proceeds and firearms. The group targeted drug dealers because they believed the dealers were not likely to call the police.

United States District Judge Thomas E. Johnston imposed the sentence.

The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, South Charleston Police Department and Charleston Police Department. Assistant United States Attorney Monica D. Coleman handled the prosecution.


Updated January 8, 2016