U.S. Attorney's Office to honor excellence in law enforcement and victim support
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – United States Attorney Carol Casto will honor more than 60 law enforcement officers, victim advocates, and community leaders during the 2016 U.S. Attorney’s Law Enforcement and Victim Assistance Awards Ceremony on Friday, October 14, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. at the Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse in Charleston.
During the ceremony, U.S. Attorney Casto will present awards for outstanding law enforcement work on major cases involving drug crime, violent crime, white collar crime and child exploitation. Other awards include Law Enforcement Agency of the Year, Outstanding Criminal Justice Partner, Outstanding Community-Police Partnership Initiative, Outstanding Child Advocacy Center, and West Virginia Crime Victim Service Awards.
The annual awards ceremony, hosted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of West Virginia, recognizes exemplary service of federal, state, and local law enforcement officers, as well as victim advocates, criminal justice professionals, and others who have made significant contributions on behalf of the criminal justice system.
- United States Attorney Carol Casto, joined by representatives from the law enforcement community, crime victim advocates, and others
- 2016 U.S. Attorney’s Law Enforcement and Victim Assistance Awards Ceremony
- Friday, October 14, 2016, at 2:00 p.m.
- Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse – Fifth Floor
- 300 Virginia Street, East
- Charleston, WV 25301
*Please be advised that cameras and other recording devices will be permitted on the fifth floor of the Courthouse for the ceremony only.
- Follow us on Twitter: SDWVNews