"A Community Response to Heroin and Opiate Issue in Charlotte-Mecklenburg"
FEBRUARY 14, 2017
5801 Pineville Matthews Road, Charlotte, NC 28226
The U.S. Attorney's Office is co-sponsoring a heroin & opiate conference in Charlotte, N.C., to raise awareness and educate the community on the alarming rise of heroin and opiate abuse in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area. The day-long conference will focus on on prevention, enforcement and treatment. Specificially, participants will learn about:
- The drug trafficking trade of heroin and opiates. Where the drugs are produced and how they get to the hands of users.
- What is the law enforcement response?
- What is the physiological response to heroin?
- What properties make it so addictive?
- What community resources are available to prevent addiction?
- What are the available treatment options and programs for those battling with heroin and opiate addiction?
The conference is free of charge, however, registration is encouraged. If you wish to attend, please fill out and submit the registration form below.
We all have a role to play in turning the tide of this epidemic. We encourage community members to attend and learn how to make a difference in our fight against heroin and opiate addiction.
* Our co-sponsors for the conference are the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Mecklenburg County, Cardinal Innovations and Anuvia.