This nomination form should be used by nominees who work in agencies outside of the Department of Justice (with a few exceptions) and are applying for courses held at the National Advocacy Center or sponsored by the Office of Legal Education.
- Complete ALL fields of information.
- Wait List: OLE does not maintain a waiting list of nominees who are not accepted for a course. If nominee is not accepted, they must re-apply the next time the course is offered. Due to the increasing number of nominations, only nomination forms for those certain to attend should be submitted.
- When to Apply: Nominations are due 9 weeks prior to the start of the course (with a few exceptions). Forms received after the due date are considered on a space-available basis only and forms received early will be held until 9 weeks prior to the course before they are processed.
- Notification of Acceptance/Non-Selection: Notice of acceptance or non-selection will be e-mailed to the address entered in the Student Information email address field. Nominee should receive notification approximately seven weeks before the course begins. Attendance is not permitted by anyone who has not received written notification of acceptance.
- Travel Expenses: The Office of Legal Education will pay all travel-related expenses for students attending courses at the National Advocacy Center in Columbia, South Carolina. Detailed information on how to make travel arrangements will be provided to students if/when they are accepted for a course. No travel arrangements should be initiated prior to the student receiving written notification of acceptance.
Updated September 8, 2016